19 Mar MEDRC Joins Global Water Partnership (GWP)
MEDRC Joins Global Water Partnership (GWP)
The Middle East Desalination Research Center (MEDRC) has finalized a partnership agreement with Global Water Partnership (GWP) a key-player in building support for sustainable management of water resources.
The GWP is a global action network. Its chief focus is to support social change processes that further the sustainable management and development of water resources. To do this, the network invites like-minded organizations to join this global movement.
In joining this partnership, MEDRC & GWP agree that:
1. Fresh water is a finite and vulnerable resource, essential to sustain life, development and the environment.
2. Water development and management should be based on a participatory approach, involving users, planners and policy-makers at all levels.
3. Women play a central part in the provision, management and safeguarding of water.
4. Water is a public good and has a social and economic value in all its competing uses.
5. Integrated water resources management: the equitable and efficient management and sustainable use of water as an integral part of the ecosystem.